- Go to www.isbe.net
- Click on “Teachers”
- Click on “Log in to ELIS”
- Click on “Login to your ELIS account” under “Educator Access”
- Select “Click here for first time access to the ELIS system”
- Create a user name and password using your social security number, birthday and other personal information
- Once logged in, click on “Apply for a Substitute License”
- Follow the steps in the application wizard. You will pay $50 plus a small convenience fee.
Send your official sealed copies of transcripts to us. It must be from a regionally accredited university, and it must show a bachelor’s degree or higher. Send to our office at:
Madison County ROE #41
157 North Main Street, Suite 438
Edwardsville, IL 62025
The license will take around 8 weeks to be evaluated and possibly issued.
Once it goes from saying “pending review” to “issued” on your ELIS account – you may register your license.
You simply click on registration and follow the steps and pay $50.00 plus the convenience fee. You must choose ROE 41 Madison County.
The cost of fingerprinting is $42.00 cash, and it must be done between 8:30 and 4:00 pm Monday – Friday at the address above.
Once you have a registered issued license and fingerprint results, we will issue you a substitute authorization form and you may apply for jobs in Madison County.
The fingerprint form is HERE.