Professional Development Requirements Prior To July 1, 2014:
Professional Development After July 1, 2014:
1. Enter all professional development earned prior to July 1, 2014 into ELIS by December 2014. Please refer to following link for guidance:
2. Guidelines for Professional Development earned after July 1, 2015 are still being developed. Educators:
• Will be audited randomly by The Illinois State Board of Education
• Must enter into ELIS the name of the activities completed, the date on which it occurred, the number of professional development hours received and the name of the provider not later than 60 days after the activity is completed
• Illinois Administrators' Academy courses will be entered in ELIS by the provider rather than the licensee;
• May not receive credit for any professional development activity that is designed for entertainment, promotional or commercial purposes; or that is solely inspirational or motivational.
3. Professional Development providers will change. Please refer to the following link for provider information.
The Regional Office of Education will be updating this site as information becomes available. If you have any questions, please call the ROE at 618-296-4530.