- Go to www.isbe.net
- Click on “Teachers”
- Click on “Log in to ELIS”
- Click on “Login to your ELIS account” under “Educator Access”
- Select “Click here for First Time Access to the ELIS System”
- Create a user name and password using your social security number, birthday and other personal information
- Once logged in, click on “Apply for a Paraprofessional License”
- Follow the steps in the application wizard. You will pay $100.00 plus a small convenience fee.
Send one of the following:
Official sealed transcripts from a regionally accredited university showing at least 60 credit hours OR
Official ACT® Workkeys scores OR
Parapro Assessment score report
Also send a copy of your high school diploma or transcripts.
All documents may be sent to:
Madison County ROE #41
157 North Main Street, Suite 438
Edwardsville, IL 62025
The license will take around 8 weeks to be evaluated and possibly issued, once all documents have been submitted
Once your credentials in your online ELIS account go from saying “pending review” to “issued”– you may register your license
You simply click on registration to follow the steps and pay $25.00 plus the convenience fee.