• To determine the requirements for endorsements check this document: Illinois Licensure Requirement and Content Endorsement Structure
• To apply for an endorsement, log in to your ELIS account at www.isbe.net
• Click on "Teachers"
• Click on “Log in to ELIS”
• Click on “Login to your ELIS account” under “Educator Access”
• Type in your user name and password
• Once logged in, click on "Apply for an Endorsement"
• Click "Add Endorsement" and follow the steps. You will pay $50.00 plus convenience fee.
• If the courses for your endorsement are not already on file, send an official sealed copy of your transcripts to us. It must be from a regionally accredited university and it must include the courses to satisfy the endorsement requirement.
Send to our office at:
Madison County ROE
157 North Main Street, Suite 438
Edwardsville, IL 62025
OR: The university may send the transcripts via e-script to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: we do not accept e-scripts forwarded from the applicants, only those officially sent from the university.
• The application will take around 6-8 months to be evaluated and possibly issued.
• If any requirements are not met, a deficiency letter will be issued and you will have 1 year to complete the requirements.