The following is a recap of the current status and upcoming changes to the GED® program in Illinois.
The ILSAVE15 GED® Promotion has ended.
Madison County residents are encouraged to contact the Regional Office of Education at 618.296.4530 with any questions, or for further information.
2014 - 4 tests (language arts, math, science, social studies)
The GED® test will only be available as a computer based test beginning January 2014.
- The test will be more difficult than the 2002 test version, to align with high school graduation standards.
- You will be able to retest multiple times per year.
- There is a $30 fee for each test.
- You can take one test at a time.
- Register and pay online at GED.com with either a credit or debit card.
- If you don't have a credit/debit card, you can purchase a voucher (or vouchers) from the ROE office, and then register and pay online with the voucher(s).
- Testing dates and times vary. You can choose from times available when you register and have chosen the Regional Office of Education Testing Center.
Constitution Test Changes
You may take the GED® test(s) without having passed the constitution test. (And, you can now take the Constitution test at our the same time you are scheduled to take the GED® test.) However, you must submit proof of passing the constitution in order to receive a GED® transcript or certificate. Examples of proof accepted include: your high school transcript showing that you have passed the constitution, or a letter/certificate (from where you took your GED® prep classes) confirming you have passed the constitution test. Please bring your proof of passing (the constitution test) to the ROE office so that it may be added to your GED scores.
If you have not passed the constitution test, you may take it, free of charge, at the ,8:30am - 4:00pm, or at the at the same time you are scheduled to take your computer-based GED® test. You can take it as many times as needed.
We offer the test Monday through Friday at the . Our hours are 8:30am - 4:00pm. You will need to bring a state-issued photo ID. Plan on starting your test before 3:00pm to give yourself plenty of time to finish. If you are not done by 4:30pm, you must submit your answers at that time. We will score the test when you're finished, and notify you at that time whether you have passed or not.
Your journey begins with MyGED™ at GED.com!